A nostalgic  

 
   
 
                   

Friday, February 13, 2004

She sends me blue valentines
All the way from philadelphia
To mark the anniversary
Of someone that i used to be
And it feels just like theres
A warrant out for my arrest
Got me checkin in my rearview mirror
And i'm always on the run
Thats why i changed my name
And i didn't think you'd ever find me here

To send me blue valentines
Like half forgotten dreams
Like a pebble in my shoe
As i walk these streets
And the ghost of your memory
Is the thistle in the kiss
And the burgler that can break a roses neck
It's the tatooed broken promise
That i hide beneath my sleeve
And i see you every time i turn my back

She sends me blue valentines
Though i try to remain at large
They're insisting that our love
Must have a eulogy
Why do i save all of this madness
In the nightstand drawer
There to haunt upon my shoulders
Baby i know
I'd be luckier to walk around everywhere i go
With a blind and broken heart
That sleeps beneath my lapel

She sends me my blue valentines
To remind me of my cardinal sin
I can never wash the guilt
Or get these bloodstains off my hands
And it takes a lot of whiskey
To take this nightmares go away
And i cut my bleedin heart out every nite
And i die a little more on each st. valentines day
Remember that i promised i would
Write you...
These blue valentines
Blue valentines
Blue valentines


Tom Waits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

<< Home